Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Eating Clean With GreenBean

I have always loved fresh produce. Trouble was if I ate too much it would make me sick. I figured it was just too much fiber for my body to handle so I was limited in the quantity I could eat.

A few months back my son was taken off of dairy, soy and casein due to some tummy trouble. This lead us to Whole Foods as this was really the only place that we could buy dairy, casein and soy free cheese, milk, pudding, yogurt, ice cream. I felt so bad that we had to take away most of his favorite  foods. This was the one place that had everything we needed. It was a 45 min drive from our house each way. We made the trip once a week. Since I already had the kids out and at a grocery store we just started making that our weekly grocery trip. We started buying organic and let me tell you it has made a difference. I could eat unlimited amounts of produce and not feel sick! Since I could eat the foods I loved and also not get sick I was able to eat much more healthy. As an added bonus I started losing weight, gaining energy and it has been something!

After a few weeks of making the trip, we had a few weeks we, for one reason or another could not make it out there and landed in our local grocery store buying conventional foods. And you guessed it, I started getting sick again. After talking with a friend who knows all about food and eating clean we figured out that I am just very sensitive to some of the chemical used in raising or processing conventional foods. I was on a mission to find a reliable way to eat clean without the time commitment of an hour and a half round trip. My friend posted on her Facebook page  what we had spoke about and then someone responded with a company name, GreenBean Delivery. I checked them out and then felt like I had been living under a rock.

GreenBeanDelivery is an amazing company serving 4 different states. There are no membership fees. You go to their website, pick a bin size and then every Thursday-Monday you can login and add or change whatever produce you want. You have to spend $35 a delivery and then its free shipping. They have a great amount of fresh organic produce, dairy fresh milk, cheese, butter, hormone free meat, eggs, bulk items, bakery fresh bread. The list goes on and on....

We got our first shipment last week and I was super impressed. When my card was charged it was for $20 less than my invoice said it should be and turns out that I got 50% off my first order of produce on top of the free shipping! If there is anything that you are unhappy with you can just give them a call and they will refund your money or give you a credit for the next week. You can sign up to get shipments every week or every other week and then you get a schedule where you can select what weeks you want orders. You can add as much or little (at least $35) as you need every week. This is seriously life changing for us!

Here are a few pictures of our first order. The kids were super excited to see what was inside our big green bins!
This is their store front with the states and cities listed



 These are the insulated tubs that the food come in. There also have freezer pack in them. Every week you put the bins out and they trade them with the new ones. They also recycle the egg cartons and glass milk bottles! 
 Here is what we got. Almost everything came in paper bags... That would make for a very boring picture so I took everything out. 





These were so delicious! Look how red they are. I'll take it for February in Ohio! 




No comments:

Post a Comment