Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Homemade Sensory Dough

The last few days we have been playing with Play dough. It started with store bought play dough, then we decided to make some of our own sensory dough. I searched Pinetrest which lead me to this blog with some pretty fun ideas. That blog led me to another blog that had several recipes. The only one that was non-cook (so the kids could help with all parts of making it) that I also had all of the ingredients for was the salt dough. So that was the base for what we made. One batch I added cinnamon and nutmeg to and then I needed a little extra water over what the recipe called for. The other batch we added oats, and just a little cinnamon. Both the kids loved playing with this. They kept smelling it and Connor loved rolling it out. Annie even had a taste, which she was not so fond of! At least I knew all parts of it were food and safe (maybe not tasty) to eat. 

Store Bought Play-dough and toothpicks




Homemade Sensory Salt Dough












On the second day I added some beans into one of the jars and Connor loved trying to pick them out. If you do add dry beans, they will pull the water from the dough. This is best to do on the last day you will be using the play dough :)

No comments:

Post a Comment